Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really a fast and easy dinner. I've used several different white fish for this recipe...just use your favorite!
- 4 tilapia fillets (any fish will do this is one of my favorites)
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- lemons or lime, quarters
- any salsa
- Season fish filets and place on foil, sprayed with cooking spray placed on broiler pan. I usually use a chili powder and cumin.
- Place 6 inches from fire in broiler approx 3 to 4 minutes. You only need to broil one side!
- In the mean time, on an oiled griddle lightly fry corn tortillas (placing 2 together) so actually out of 4 sides you are only grilling 2 of the sides.
- I usually keep fresh salsa on hand (tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, onion, cilantro and a couple of squeezes of lemon juice).
- Assemble -- tacos -- tortillas, fish, cabbage, onion, cilantro and salsa!
We used tilapia for our first attempt to fish tacos with this recipe. No cabbage for us. Just used cilantro, salsa, lemon juice, onions and the spices recommended in the recipe. We used the small whole wheat tortilla and it tasted great! We will do this one again (hubby told me: make sure you save this recipe!) :D the only bad part was that i didn't make enough to have left overs! :)
we had it along with Mexican Casserole (http://www.recipematcher.com/index.php/recipe/match/Mexican-Casserole)
This was delicious, and a big hit with the crowd we served it to. We also used the recipe for cilantro sauce (cilantro, sour cream, lemon or lime juice, in a blender), alongside chopped cabbage (didn't have any red onion), with CATFISH fillets, and boy, was it delicioso!!! Thank you for this recipe!
These are really great!!!! I used tilapia and the broiling time was spot on. I sprinkled them with Old Bay Seasoning along with pepper before broiling. I made Cilantro Cream For Fish Tacos to go along with these and also had some Whole Foods Garden Fresh Salsa that I had made the night before. I think this simple broil of the fish makes the best fish tacos. I prefer this over breaded or fried fish tacos and I will definitely make these over and over again!!!!! Thanks!!