Recipe by HeatherFeather
One of my Great Aunt's recipes. She loved fish, and this is one of the many recipes she enjoyed. She originally clipped this from a Woman's Day magazine. The recipe originally called for a can of frozen condensed shrimp soup, but I have only ever seen it sold in cans on the shelf.
Top Review by Dine & Dish
We love fish at our house and I have never used it in a casserole. This was delicious and a great new idea for fish! We love tilapia, so I may try to substitute tilapia the next time I make this, which will be very soon! Thanks to your Great Aunt for this wonderful recipe!
- 2 lbs flounder fillets, deboned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed cream of shrimp soup
- 2 tablespoons real sherry wine (not cooking sherry!) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fish fillets in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat soup, add sherry, and pour over over fish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking at the lower temp of 300 F for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with paprika.