Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our family chili recipe. A basic basic chili that's flavorful enough for me and DH, but mild for the kids too. Quick to prepare and not fattening!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, chili, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Brown ground meat in skillet with peppers and onions. Drain if necessary to remove fat drippings. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. S.
- erve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.