Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Shirley Baker, the mom of one of my college roommates. Her family cookbook is still one of my prized possessions because every recipe is a great one! These are hyper-fluffy; I make them with white whole wheat flour to help make them a bit more healthy. Kids love them.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine liquid ingredients in separate bowl; add to the dry ingredients, stirring only until they're just combined. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.).
- Surely you know what to do with the pancake batter from this point, right?
The grandkids made these for a special treat and they were VERY good! Tender and not chunky heavy which I appreciate tremendously.
Although this a great recipe and turned out well, I would have preferred fuller directions, I have rarely made pancakes and actually wasnt too sure of how to cook them, I had to look it up elsewhere for heat, oil, etc. So, for non-bakers or inexperienced chefs, more directions would be appreciated!!! But, turned out well, looked great, smelled great, tasted even better!!! Thanks Fuzzy, this recipe was made for PAC Fall 2012
I doubled the recipe because I wanted leftover for the week. And I'm glad because they have a great taste. I added more milk because the batter was too thick. Thanks Fuzzy's Finds :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game