Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The woman that worked for my mother gave us this recipe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup broth
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 375 Brown ground beef, drain add onion cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, garlic, and water Simmer 10 min.
- uncovered Pour 1/2 cup taco sauce into casserole dish.
- arrange 1/2 tortillas to cover dish Pour 1/2c taco sauce over tortillas.
- Spoon in beef mix Top with sour cream sprinkle 1/2 cheese Spread remaining tortillas overlaping add taco sause remaining cheese on top let sit in fridge for 24 hours cook 1 hour 375.
Delicious and easy to make. We didn't let it sit in the refrig but cooked it right away and it was still great. We also subsituted salsa for the taco sauce. Thanks for sharing this keeper!