Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A classic island dessert!
Make and share this Favorite Custard Mochi recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box mochiko sweet rice flour (about 2 c.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan, set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar; add the eggs, 1 at a time; beating well after each addition. Add the remaining ingredients until blended well. Pour into prepared pan; top with coconut flakes and bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Cool completely and then chill until ready to serve; slice into equal squares.
I'm surprised that no one has written a review on this recipe so I'll take the plunge and be the first. I usually follow the recipe to a tee when making something for the first time and this one is no exception. The mochi came out really good and tasted great especially since I'm a coconut/haupia lover. Don't be afraid when the liquid ingredients thin out when adding the milk. The mochiko will thicken it to the right consistency. It's good to be able to have something from paradise right at home.