Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids loved these cupcakes when they were small and I always thought they were a bit healthier than some others. Recipe source: Joy of Cooking.
- 1 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners or grease cupcake/muffin tins.
- In a large bowl sift flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and 2/3 cup milk.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add egg, 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with favorite frosting.
These are wonderful! Dense, moist and delicious! I didn't frost them-they're sweet enough. They mixed up easily by hand. I will definitely make these again!
Nice easy recipe. I made as a snack cake in a sqaure pan and cut into squares to avoid trying to find the muffin tins. Bakes for 35 minutes. Cake rose very well. Frsoted with some fat free cream cheese frosting. This will be nice for DH breakfasts. Thanks.