Recipe by ellie_
My kids loved these cupcakes when they were small and I always thought they were a bit healthier than some others. Recipe source: Joy of Cooking.
- 1 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners or grease cupcake/muffin tins.
- In a large bowl sift flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and 2/3 cup milk.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add egg, 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with favorite frosting.