Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend long ago. It's very tasty and easy to make. I find it a nice change from the typical vinegar and sugar. Peel or not to peel cucumbers is your choice. No cook time. I use light taste and color olive oil.
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin light olive oil (light taste)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel (optional)
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 small onion
- For every 4 medium cucumbers:.
- Mix sugar, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and lemon peel in a large plastic bowl with tight fitting lid.
- Mix well.
- Slice onion into rings then cut in half if desired.
- Slice pepper into strips.
- Cut ends off cucumbers and peel if desired.
- Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch (or your favorite size).
- Add vegetables to sauce and put lid on tight.
- Shake the bowl vigorously and put in refrigerator.
- Shake the bowl each time you go into the refrigerator.
- This mixture is best for 3 days.
Nothing states summer more then fresh veggies (cucumbers - yum!) in vinegar, sugar, and salt. I have a bowl of these going in my fridge mostly all summer long, but this time - I put in a jar, shook as stated then let sit ....LOVELY! I used fresh carrots from the garden instead of peppers since that was abundantly growing. Will make these often and totally love them!
I really enjoyed these cucumbers. I only had one cucumber so quartered the recipe. Next time I will make more, they are yummy! Thanks! Made for My Three Chefs event.