Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
COMFORT FOOD!!! My family has enjoyed this special soup for years. Simple and easy! It has a very creamy taste and is very nourishing! Note: Bone-in chicken makes best flavor.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups medium size noodles
- Finely chop onions, celery and carrots. Place chopped vegetables in large saucepan with chicken breasts and water. Add salt. Bring to a boil and cover with lid. Simmer on low heat until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, reserving all broth and vegetables as stock for soup. Debone chicken. Chop in small pieces and set aside.
- Add noodles to broth and simmer until noodles are one-half done. Add butter and cream of chicken soup. Simmer slowly for 5 minutes. Add milk and chopped chicken. Give taste test for salt and pepper. For thinner soup, add more milk.
- Note: After noodles have been added do not bring to a full boil. Simmer slowly on very low heat. Enjoy!
LOVED LOVED LOVED this soup!! I followed the recipe exactly. The presentation was one that I would not hesitate to use in a formal dinner menu. Thanks for the recipe
This was very good. It really hit the spot. I added about 3/4 cup of sour cream and no milk though. I will definatly be making this again-=)
Very good and easy. Kids ate 3 bowls each. I used frozen pulled chicken and chicken broth to save time! Will make it again!