Recipe by polly salama
these are so good with guacamole(see recipe) and sour cream,jalapeno jelly(available at grocer) and salsa.
Top Review by Bergy
Love these poppers! I love jalapenos fried but I am trying not to eat too much fried so I baked these - wonderfull. I didn't use the eggs because I didn' coat them all over. I made the filling, steamed the jalapenos for 3 minutes stuffed them (used Denzils Hot Hot sauce) drizzled the tops with crushed cornflakes, baked(broiled for) for 15 minutes 375 oven. I know I would love them fried but ho hum we must suffer - they were excellent this way too Served with guacamole MMmmThanks Polly - a keeper
- 10 jalapeno peppers (sliced in half and seeds and veins removed)
- 1 can white crab meat (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa (your choice,i use pace picante medium)
- 2⁄3 cup self-rising flour (seasoning optional)
- 1 cup corn flakes (run through food processor until powdery like flour)
- 3 eggs, scrambled
Directions See How It's Made
- boil jalapenos in water for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- drain and cool.
- dry with paper towel.
- combine cheeses,crab meat and salsa in a bowl.
- fill each pepper half with enough of the cheese mixture to fill to the top.
- dredge the peppers in egg then flour (i add paprika and salt to flour to taste not much) then egg and finally in corn flakes.
- repeat until all peppers are coated, then refridgerate for 2 hours.
- in a heavy skillet add enough oil to cover peppers bring oil to high heat but not smoking.
- fry until golden brown on each side.
- drain, and continue until each pepper is fried.
- serve with sour cream, jalapeno jelly and or salsa and guacamole.