Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a good recipe.
Top Review by ageinert
I have been making this recipe since it came out in Southern Living. I love this recipe. I make it for all of the kid's parties and everyone loves them. I am at the beach and was hoping I could find the recipe online. Here it is!
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb hot dog
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, onion, sugar , cornmeal and mustard.
- Stir well.
- Combine milk and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring well; set aside.
- Wipe each wiener dry.
- Insert a wooden stick into one end.
- Dip wiener in batter.
- Fry in deep, hot oil ( 375°-400°), for 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining wieners.
- Total time is for all the wieners.