1/2 Photos of Favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake
Jenny Frenny's Note:
This is a favorite cake of my Dad's. I got this recipe from my Aunt Karen. The cinnamon in it really makes it good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1To Make Cake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. You will need a jellyroll pan or a smaller cookie sheet with a rim around all four sides. You will not need to grease the pan.
- 2Mix the flour and sugar for the cake in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 3In a saucepan bring the butter, vegetable oil, water and 4 tbs cocoa powder to a boil.
- 4Pour the boiling mixture over the flour and sugar and stir together.
- 5Add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and buttermilk and stir to mix well.
- 6Pour in the baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- 7While cake is baking prepare the icing: Bring butter, milk and cocoa powder to a boil stirring constantly and then remove from heat.
- 8Add the vanilla, nuts and box of powdered sugar and stir well.
- 9Spread icing over cake while the cake is still warm.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g