Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is definitely my favorite recipe for fall and winter treats! I am a total pumpkin lover and combined a few recipes to make the most moist and flavorful bread ever! I double the batch every year and freeze the loaves for Christmas trays. Everyone always looks forward to this delicious treat!
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg, start with 1/2 Tbs and add to Ur taste
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat until smooth.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour evenly into 3 pans.
- Bake for one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire racks before removing.
- Note* You can definately use all of the same chocolate chip, I just love the taste of both!
This is a fantastic recipe! The bread turned out really moist! The pumpkin flavor is definitely there, but not overpowering, and the chocolate chips are the perfect addition! I did have to make a few changes (sorry) because I didn't have the right size bread pans. I ended up using 2 8x4 pans and making the rest of the batter into muffins. I baked the muffins for 20 minutes and they turned out perfectly. Thanks, Rollin', for a tasty treat! Can't wait to share with my co-workers tomorrow! :) Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Just made this bread - deliciously pumpkin-flavored & moist! Next time I will cit back a little on the sugar & add a cream cheese mixture to it (8-oz brick of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla all mixed together. Then spoonfuls down the middle of each bread before baking).
A girl at work brought this in and I just had to have the recipe! It is moist and has the perfect blend of spices and choc chips. Pumpkin choc chip bread is one of my favorites and this is the best I have ever had by far!