1/1 Photo of Favorite Chile Con Queso (A.k.a. Chile Cheese Dip)
Chef Schellies's Note:
I tweaked a recipe from the back of a can of Rotel Tomatoes to suit my friends and I. I have made it this way for many parties and have always gotten rave reviews. It works well in the crock pot also, and that way is recommended if you are making it for a party, etc. where it will need to be kept warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the cheese into approximately 1-inch cubes.
- 2Into a medium saucepan, put the cheese, Rotel tomatoes and the jalapeño slices, reserving the juice from the jalapeños.
- 3Heat over medium heat approximately 5 minutes until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the juice from the jalapeños to make the desired heat as well as the desired consistency. I usually add about 1/2-3/4 of it.
- 5Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- 6Can also be done in the crock pot to keep it warm for parties, etc.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Chile Con Queso (A.k.a. Chile Cheese Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 1002.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g