Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious soup that satisfies even the pickiest of teenage taste.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, fine chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 jalapenos, chopped or 4 ounces green chilies
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 56 ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Lightly brown onion, garlic, and jalapeno in margarine.
- Add cumin, chili powder, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- In soup pot, put chicken broth, tomatoes (juice and all), and chicken. Bring to boil.
- Add cooked veggies to soup. Bring back to boil.
- Add Velveeta. Stirring constantly, return to boil.
- Turn off heat when Velveeta is melted.
- Let set for about 5 minutes, then fold in sour cream.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and enjoy!