Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee's Note:
A delicious soup that satisfies even the pickiest of teenage taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, fine chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 jalapenos, chopped or 4 ounces green chilies
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 56 ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- tortilla chips
- 1Lightly brown onion, garlic, and jalapeno in margarine.
- 2Add cumin, chili powder, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- 3In soup pot, put chicken broth, tomatoes (juice and all), and chicken. Bring to boil.
- 4Add cooked veggies to soup. Bring back to boil.
- 5Add Velveeta. Stirring constantly, return to boil.
- 6Turn off heat when Velveeta is melted.
- 7Let set for about 5 minutes, then fold in sour cream.
- 8Garnish with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 647.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning