Recipe by nicoleingermantown
A 30 minute recipe from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty Magazine. Dec/Jan 2008 issue
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Other than leaving out the chicken (I felt like a vegetarian pasta and the recipe looked delicious without it) and the olives (didn't realise I didnt have any), I made this as recipe (using a garlic herb stock since I wasnt using chicken.) I love the combination of pine nuts, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, this was an excellent and quickly prepared dish. Thank you, Nicole, this was made for Alphabet tag game.
- 295.73 ml uncooked bow tie pasta
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml chopped sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- 4.92 ml chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine or 59.14 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml sliced ripe olives
- 14.79 ml prepared pesto sauce
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 7.39 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 170.09 g packageready-to-serve grilled chicken breast strips
- 14.79 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine water and sun-dried tomatoes; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine or broth, olives, pesto and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and tomatoes; add to shallot mixture. Stir in chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 2 servings.