1/2 Photos of Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
3 hrs 20 mins
This is our favorite, comforting soup- I make it once a month! Classic, perfect and delicious! Prep/cooking times don't include chilling the stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put the chicken in a pot, cover with the water.
- 2add one onion quartered, 2 carrots halved, 2 stalks of celery halved, 1 cup parsley, thyme, garlic and bay leaves.
- 3boil, reduce heat and simmer, scraping off the foam at the top about 30 minutes inches.
- 4simmer 1.5 hours, remove chicken. cool and remove the meat.
- 5strain stock and cool (i like to cool it overnight) skim fat off the top.
- 6chop the remaining 3 carrots, celery, parsnips and onion. add them to the stock and cook about an hour, adding the meat near the end to heat though.
- 7cook egg noodles and pour soup over them in the bowl.
- 8*i never keep the noodles in the soup- they can get mushy.
- 9**if you like a stronger taste, add 1-2 tbs bullion to the stock.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.9
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.8 mg
- Sodium 250.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: