Recipe by Glori-B
Spring-boarded from others on Zaar ... a tweak here and there and voila! Prep time is measuring ingredients and loading into bread machine. Cook time is proofing/resting/ baking time.
- 10 ounces water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil (I like coconut oil best)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour (King Arthur is my hero!)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon yeast, for bread machine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Load first eight ingredients (water through yeast) into bread machine bin in the order listed.
- Select "dough only" setting.
- When through with cycle, cut into 12 pieces to make two 6-braid challahs/challot. OR, cut into 6 pieces to make two 3-braid challah.
- Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll pieces into ropes; braid 6 or 3 into a challah. Repeat for remaining pieces.
- Cover and let rest until doubled in size -- about 45 minutes. About 30 minutes into this rest cycle preheat oven, if not done so already.
- Mix last two ingredients (egg and water) together to make egg wash.
- Brush challot with egg wash. Bake 33 minutes at 350°F.