Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is our favorite Caesar Salad Dressing because do no contain eggs or anchovies, and its taste is delicious even with any lettuce or spinach salad. Enjoy it.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt (or to your own taste)
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, torn in pieces
- toasted french bread crouton
- Place garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- While the machine is working, drizzle olive oil from the feeding tube. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and puree until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate the dressing at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve, toss dressing with torn Romaine lettuce leaves. Add toasted French bread croutons, some grated Parmesan and enjoy.
- NOTE: for a creamy salad dressing, you can add 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or mayonnaise, if you like.
Made this recipe as written and it was delicious. If 'MrsHudson' had read the recipe carefully she may have also enjoyed it. This recipe DID NOT call for a tablespoon of salt, it called for a 1/2 tsp......or to taste.
This is a fair place to start for an egg & anchovy free Caesar dressing but this recipe needs lots of help. I had to double the amount of Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, so that the dressing would be a liquid because the cheese made the whole thing bind up completely. And I knew one TABLESPOON of salt would make this inedible so I used just over a teaspoon and even with double the above mentioned ingredients this was WAY too salty; almost to the point of being inedible. I might try to play with it more but honestly I'll probably just find another recipe to work with. Sorry.