Recipe by pink cook
This is our favorite Caesar Salad Dressing because do no contain eggs or anchovies, and its taste is delicious even with any lettuce or spinach salad. Enjoy it.
Top Review by arroz241_11561377
Made this recipe as written and it was delicious. If 'MrsHudson' had read the recipe carefully she may have also enjoyed it. This recipe DID NOT call for a tablespoon of salt, it called for a 1/2 tsp......or to taste.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to your own taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, torn in pieces
- toasted french bread crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- While the machine is working, drizzle olive oil from the feeding tube. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and puree until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate the dressing at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve, toss dressing with torn Romaine lettuce leaves. Add toasted French bread croutons, some grated Parmesan and enjoy.
- NOTE: for a creamy salad dressing, you can add 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or mayonnaise, if you like.