Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the favorite brownie around our house. Chewy and fudgey with that yummy crackly top that is just so good! Lovely dusted with powdered sugar before serving.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a small pan over medium low heat melt chocolate with butter. When melted and smooth set aside to cool slightly. In a bowl add sugar. Add cooled butter and chocolate mixture to sugar and stir till combined. Add beaten eggs and vanilla and beat till smooth. Combine dry ingredients and stir into chocolate batter till smooth. Fold in chips and nuts if using. Spread evenly into a 8x8 or 7x11 inch greased baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes (DONT OVERBAKE). When cooled dust lightly with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
On 2 /27/12 I was looking for something to satisfy my " sweet tooth " and came across this recipe. So, I decided to try it and the only change that was made to the recipe was to use peanut butter chips ( that's all that was on hand ). For some reason, I didn't get the "Crackly Top " but they turned out pretty good. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "