Recipe by dicentra
From a 1975 Rival cookbook.
Top Review by sdkekedy
This is one of my favorite brisket recipes! It's become a holiday tradition at our house. My family gets home on Christmas Eve late and I'm not one that wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen Christmas day. I throw this in the crock pot around 1am and we eat around 1pm Christmas day. Delicious!
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all excess fat from brisket.
- Combine seasonings until well blended; rub into brisket.
- Place meat in crock pot, with fat side up, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove brisket from liquid and cut across the grain into thin slices. Serve with juices.