Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy recipe that has been a hit at every pot-luck dinner I've ever taken it to. Many have requested the recipe! If you desire a lower-calorie version, one friend has halved the amount of butter with decent results, and some of us occasionally substitute an artificial sweetener for all or part of the sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups raspberries or 4 cups cherries or 4 cups blueberries
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Melt the stick of butter in a 13" x 9" pan.
- Mix together the flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, and 1 cup milk. Pour over the melted butter.
- Bring to boil the berries, 1-1 1/2 cup sugar, and the water. Pour over the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.