Recipe by SB6
We spend 1 weekend in the fall making soups to have in the freezer. This one is one of our favorites. I use my homemade beef broth in place of the bouillon.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 onions, chopped and divided
- 3 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- thyme, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- marjoram, to taste
- bay leaf, to taste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in Dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Add 1 small chopped onion. Simmer about 1 hour until beef is tender.
- Add remaining onion and next 8 ingredients. cook 30 minutes.
- Add seasonings and cook slowly for 2 hours or more.
- Better the second day, if you can wait!