Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in a church cookbook. It is made with sliced sirloin instead of hamburger. It is my oldest daughter's favorite dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (1 container)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's beef consomme
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Slice sirloin or tenderloin steak into thin strips. Add 2 tbs. oil to large skillet. Add steak and chopped onion to skillet. Sautee until steak is no longer pink. Add can of beef consomme. ( You may add about 1/2 cup water, if you like to make more sauce). Simmer about 20 minutes or until beef is tender. Add mushrooms. Simmer until mushrooms are cooked through. Meanwhile mix sour cream, flour, nutmeg,garlic powder, salt & pepper in bowl.
- Reduce heat on meat mixture. Add sour cream mixture to meat. Stir until all is mixed thouroughly. Cook on low for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve over wide egg noodles.
- Great meal when served with a salad and crusty rolls.