Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a very mild BBQ chicken pizza that tastes great and is quick and simple to make. Uses Easy No Rise Pizza Crust. The idea came from a pizza place that use to have this as a gourmet pizza but they don't serve it anymore, so we made it simple.
- 3 chicken breasts (pre-cooked and cut in chunks or small slices)
- 3 ounces barbecue sauce (we use 3 packets from McDonald's)
- 1 small onion (cut in thin O slices)
- 1 small green pepper (cut in thin O slices)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (or as much as you prefer)
- 1 pizza crust
- Open the 3 packets of McD's BBQ sauce and.
- Spread on pizza dough or you can pre-bake pizza crust for about 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees if you are going to pile lots of toppings on to make sure it is done.
- Cut onion and green pepper in thin round circles using a mandolin if you have one (what a gadget -- three or four swipes and you are done).
- Place onions on BBQ sauce and you can overlap them if you like.
- Place green peppers on next (as much or as little as you like, I usually overlap the circles of onions and then place the green peppers leaving the spaces for the chunks of chicken.
- Next, pile on the chunks or slices of chicken, depending on your preference. If they are thin slices, you can put them side by side on the whole pizza.
- Last, pile on the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for another 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
This made a great lunch. I left off the green pepper and onion as a personal preference but otherwise stayed true to the recipe.
Absolutely delicious and easy! I used 1.5 chicken breasts and Kraft Mixed Italian cheese (preshredded). Also used a Boboli crust. I baked it at 450 for 11 minutes to get some browning on the top.