Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Well, one of our favorites, anyway. I'm always switching recipes.......I'm a recipe addict......Also, the serving size is a guess - it goes so fast in my house it's hard to tell. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 2 3⁄4 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 3⁄4 cups oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and margarine, mixing until well blended.
- Blend in banana and eggs. Add combined remaining ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Pour into greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350*, 1 hours and 10 min., or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pan. Serve with additional cream cheese, if desired.