Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is our favorite haddock recipe. It is also excellent using flounder. Using Miracle Whip here may sound strange, but it is SO good. Everyone who has ventured to try it, loves it. I hope you do, too.
- 2 lbs fresh boneless haddock fillets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Miracle Whip
- italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet with butter.
- Sprinkle half the onion evenly over cookie sheet.
- Cut fillets into 2 or 3 pieces.
- I make thick pieces thinner by slicing part way with a knife and spreading flat.
- Lay fillets on onion in a single layer.
- Coat fillets evenly, and not too thickly, with Miracle Whip.
- (I use my finger to spread it.) Sprinkle evenly with remaining half onion.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish lightly with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until done, about 15-20 minutes.
Very quick and simple. I'm not a fan of onions so I picked mine off but the great flavor was still there. I will be making this again.
I used this recipe to make flounder about a week ago, and it did not work very well for me. The fish did not seem to cook fast enough and kind of fell apart in the oven. If you are going to try this recipe, I would suggest you might want to try baking the fish in a broiler pan so it doesn't get soggy.
This is how my sister always cooks this. Its very easy and very good.