Recipe by cuisinebymae
This is our favorite haddock recipe. It is also excellent using flounder. Using Miracle Whip here may sound strange, but it is SO good. Everyone who has ventured to try it, loves it. I hope you do, too.
- 2 lbs fresh boneless haddock fillets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Miracle Whip
- italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet with butter.
- Sprinkle half the onion evenly over cookie sheet.
- Cut fillets into 2 or 3 pieces.
- I make thick pieces thinner by slicing part way with a knife and spreading flat.
- Lay fillets on onion in a single layer.
- Coat fillets evenly, and not too thickly, with Miracle Whip.
- (I use my finger to spread it.) Sprinkle evenly with remaining half onion.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish lightly with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until done, about 15-20 minutes.