Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A different but tastey apple cake. Try it, you'll like it! We do!!!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 -3 apples
- Combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, juice, and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Grease a tube pan and put half the batter in; arrange thin slices of apples around the pan; sprinkle with cinnamon and a little sugar.
- Put the rest of the batter on top and repeat apples, cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake about 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.
- When almost cool, put a powdered sugar glaze on top.
- Do not cover.
- This has a cookie-like crunchy crust.
- Freezes well.
- It's also very good with no icing.