1/2 Photos of Fava Beans with Tomato Garlic Sauce
If you haven't tried Fava beans you are in for a nice surprise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (19 ounce) cans fava beans (use fresh if you have them, take off the pods and boil them until tender, cool and then slip off the)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan& over medium heat saute the onions& garlic until golden.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except the beans.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes (add a bit more water if it reduces too much- the sauce should have some liquid to it).
- 4Gently stir in the fava beans and let stand for a few minutes so the beans absorb some of the flavor from the sauce.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Beans with Tomato Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g