Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A Maltese delight!
Make and share this Fava Beans Couscous Kuskus Bil Ful recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cups fava beans, frozen
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- parmesan cheese, Freshly ground to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute onions in it for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, corriander and hot pepper.
- Saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except couscous and cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in couscous and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Cheese can be added to taste by each diner.