Recipe by calymegal
We picked fava beans from our garden and 30 minutes later we ate them. Fava beans are easy to grow. Their flowers are white and black. Preparing them is a snap, great for kids. They make a great side dish to any meal, full of nutriention and low in calories. Enjoy!
Directions See How It's Made
- A. Remove fava beans from pods, and place in stovetop pot. Add water to cover one inch above fava beans.
- B. Add a pinch of salt to water and allow to simmer about 3 minutes, fava beans will turn a bright green when they are cooked.
- Celsius In a pan add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the sliced red onion and garlic, allow to turn a light brown. Add the fava beans!
- D. Mix fava beans, red onion and garlic. About one minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- F. Now it's time to eat them!