Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
We picked fava beans from our garden and 30 minutes later we ate them. Fava beans are easy to grow. Their flowers are white and black. Preparing them is a snap, great for kids. They make a great side dish to any meal, full of nutriention and low in calories. Enjoy!
- A. Remove fava beans from pods, and place in stovetop pot. Add water to cover one inch above fava beans.
- B. Add a pinch of salt to water and allow to simmer about 3 minutes, fava beans will turn a bright green when they are cooked.
- Celsius In a pan add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the sliced red onion and garlic, allow to turn a light brown. Add the fava beans!
- D. Mix fava beans, red onion and garlic. About one minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- F. Now it's time to eat them!