We picked fava beans from our garden and 30 minutes later we ate them. Fava beans are easy to grow. Their flowers are white and black. Preparing them is a snap, great for kids. They make a great side dish to any meal, full of nutriention and low in calories. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1A. Remove fava beans from pods, and place in stovetop pot. Add water to cover one inch above fava beans.
- 2B. Add a pinch of salt to water and allow to simmer about 3 minutes, fava beans will turn a bright green when they are cooked.
- 3Celsius In a pan add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the sliced red onion and garlic, allow to turn a light brown. Add the fava beans!
- 4D. Mix fava beans, red onion and garlic. About one minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 5F. Now it's time to eat them!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Beans and Red Onions.
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g