1 hr 20 mins
I've also made this stew with lima beans and it was just as delicious! I challenge you meat-and-potatoes people to try this different stew...I guarantee you'll become legume-lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove beans from pods to make 4 cups.
- 2Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water (1 inch above level of beans).
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5Remove casing from sausage.
- 6In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 7Cook sausage, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink.
- 8Drain off fat.
- 9Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 10Add fava beans, tomatoes, pepper and half each of the basil and oregano.
- 11Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until stew has thickened and beans are tender.
- 12Stir in remaining basil and oregano.
- 13Serve sprinkled with Feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.3
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 1489.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fava bean pods