1 hr 5 mins
Carol Bullock's Note:
A hearty, healthy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak beans in water for 2 days in refrigerator.
- 2Drain, and put in a large saucepan with 8-10 cups water.
- 3Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 minutes.
- 4Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery, and bring to boil again.
- 5Turn heat to simmer.
- 6Cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until beans are very soft.
- 7Puree soup in blender (do this in batches).
- 8Return soup to saucepan.
- 9Add oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 10Bring to boil.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes, adding a little water if too thick.
- 12Serve garnished with chopped parsley, and a sprinkling of lemon juice.
- 13Excellent with warm pita bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g