Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an EXCELLENT dish to make for suhr during Ramadan! It's really easy to make, and very yummy!
- 1 (20 ounce) can fava beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes (optional)
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and garlic, stir for a minute or so to bring out flavor.
- Peel the fava beans before adding them to the frying pan. This makes for a smoother dish.
- Add the lemon juice and salt. Mix together and cover for a minute or two.
- If you have a nice, ripe tomato, dice it small and add it to the frying pan. It gives a real nice flavor to the dish. If its not ripe, leave the tomato out.
- Cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, mixing occasionaly.
- Turn off the fire, and take a fork and smash all the ingredients together. You dont want to make it a smooth paste like hummous, but rather one with little "chunks" in it.
- Garnish with parsley and olive oil. This is normally served with pita bread. Enjoy!
I had a 15oz can of fava beans & chickpeas so I used that to make this recipe. I used a fresh tomato from our garden & added a little onion powder to the mix. DH said that it had too much of a lemon flavor & he had me add some cumin. If I make again I will reduce the amount of lemon juice. Made for Ramadan Tag