1/2 Photos of Fava Bean Salad
A fresh spring-time salad with pronounced Mediterranean flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can fava beans or 2 cups young fresh fava beans, out-of-the pod and steamed
- 1 medium English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 large roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- coarse-ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1Combine fava beans, chopped cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion, romaine, and parsley in a bowl.
- 2For the dressing, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, and the remainder of the spices in a lidded jar.
- 3Shake jar until dressing ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- 4Pour dressing over salad and mix ingredients until well coated.
- 5Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- 6Serve salad on top of extra romaine or butter lettuce leaves for an attractive presentation.
- 7Makes 4 main dish or 6 side-dish servings.
- 8Variations on a Theme: If fava beans are not available or not in season, substitute 2 cups cooked cannellini (white kidney) or Great Northern white beans in the recipe.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 275.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g