Recipe by canthelpmyself
This is for my reference. Very yummy healthy, and satisfying dish. I needed the nutrient content. Slight variation to Fooll Mudammes (Fava Bean Egyptian Breakfast)(فول مدمس) . I soak my beans over night, peel them and then boil them.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups boiled fava beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add garlic, onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, spices and salt, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fava beans, and mash very well it on low heat.
- You can mash it finely or leave some fava beans whole.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with pita bread.
- Drizzle some olive oil.