Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Jamie Oliver
Make and share this Fava Bean Falafel - Jamie Oliver recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g fresh fava beans
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 small chili pepper, sliced (red)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 8 mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine beans, herbs, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, chili and lemon zest in food processor. Pulse until moderately smooth. Stir in flour (do not run processor!).
- Heat 3" of vegetable oil in a pot to 375°F Using 2 tablespoons, make oval dumplings (quenelles) from the mixture, and drop into hot oil. Deep fry until dark golden brown. Drain briefly on kitchen paper and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Stir together mint, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve felafel with yogurt sauce and a lightly-dressed salad.