Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Originally from Steven Raichlen's Healthy Latin Cooking.He says it is sold in the market in Coyocan ,Mexico City.This would be really good with fresh Lima Beans too.You should have 2 cups of beans after you shell them,not before.
- Shell the fava beans and measure out 2 cups.Wash ,peel and slice carrots.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil along with the epazote.When boiling add fava beans,cook 6 minutes.Ass the carrots(do not remove favas) and continue boiling 2 more minute.Drain and discard epazote.
- Chill the fava beans in the refrigerator for one hour(this is to firm the fava beans so as to facilitate peeling).
- Meanwhile wash, and dice remaining ingredients.Mix in a meedium sized bowl.Set aside.
- After an hour has passed,take out the beans and peel off the skins very carefully so as to not break the beans too much.Add beans and carrots to remaining ingredients.Serve.