Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a non-alcoholic fruit punch, similar to the Texas Twister lemonades sold at fairs. It isn’t exact but it is very close according "The Suzzzz" from Tasty Kitchen. One more thing, listed below 8 cups of Sprite is be used. According to the Tasty Kitchen recipe, the amount should be: 8 cups, 7 tablespoons, 3/4 teaspoons, 1/3 pinches Sprite Lemon Lime Soda. You can make the adjustment, but I doubt if it would seriously make a difference. Also, remember, this is "faux". The original recipe is top secret, but it's fun trying to duplicate. Try it for your 4th of July gathering!
- 6 whole oranges
- 6 whole lemons
- 6 whole limes
- 1⁄3 cup grenadine
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry syrup
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups ice
- 8 cups sprite carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Wash all of the fruit, with peels still on.
- Juice 5 of the oranges, 5 of the lemons and 5 of the limes; pour juices into a blender with grenadine, cherry syrup, and sugar. Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- Place the ice in a large pitcher and pour the Sprite and the juice mixture over the ice and stir. Cut the remaining fruits in half and then cut each half into 6 wedges. Place 1 wedge of each cirtrus plus a maraschino cherry in the bottom of 12 glasses. Pour punch over fruit and serve.