1/2 Photos of Faux-Tatoes/Cauliflower
Big Mike2's Note:
Is it pureed cauliflower or garlic mashed potatoes? First time out, my wife couldn't tell it wasn't potato until I told her...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chives, for garnish (chopped fresh or dried)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- 2Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- 3Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done.
- 4Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- 5In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
- 6Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Faux-Tatoes/Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g