Is it pureed cauliflower or garlic mashed potatoes? First time out, my wife couldn't tell it wasn't potato until I told her...
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chicken bouillon (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, for garnish (chopped fresh or dried)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done.
- Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.