Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great low carb substitute for mashed potatoes! Even my picky kids will eat this great side dish! Very easy and delicious!
- Steam the head of cauliflower until soft.
- Mash cauliflower and softened cream cheese together or puree in a blender/ food processor if you want it smooth. (We prefer it chunky).
- Adjust to your own taste, or desire for fat intake, or desired creaminess.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Can be prepared with low fat cream cheese as well.
I was looking for a new way to prepare cauliflower and found this recipe. I did not use a food processor to blend until smooth, but instead mashed with a Stainless Steel Pasta Ladle; it was all I had. I loved the texture. I used about 6 ounces of creamed cheese, but could have used the entire package. I added a heaping teaspoon of prepared minced garlic, a generous sprinkle of coarse salt, and pepper. The only recommendation I would make is to be sure this isn't the only thing you're having for dinner; I ate over half of the final dish, and now have a tummy ache. It was that good!
I made this tonight with a low carb salisbury steak recipe and what a perfect side dish! I also added garlic & some colby jack cheese to this recipe and it was a hit! Thank you for sharing KC !
I was missing mashed potatoes so much, this was a great substitute. I would use a little less cream cheese next time to make it thicker. I also added some bacon bits to the recipe. Yummy!