Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Haven't tried this, but looks easy and delicious! From the Toronto Star.
Make and share this Faux Pecan Pie (with Oatmeal) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat eggs lightly.
- Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Stir in oats.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until puffed.
- The centre should be slightly jiggly.
We loved this! I used My No Roll Pie Crust for the crust. This recipe is perfect for those times when we want pecan pie (practically always, lol) but don't have enough pecans. We did have about 1/4 cup chopped pecans left from something else and I sprinkled those on top. It set beautifully and was even better the next day. Thanks for posting! We will definitely make this again :D
A very nice pie...a hit at work. FIVE people asked for the recipe! I added a little extra vanilla extract for oomph. —
Yummy! I've always loved the filling to pecan pies, but not the pecans. This was a wonderful alternative for me! I made this exactly as directed and it turned out wonderful! Thanks for posting such a great recipe, Izzy!