Recipe by dgpat
This is made with ground turkey, which has a lot less calories and fat than ground beef. Even people who don't like ground turkey like this! As usual, fast, easy and tasty, and a nice comfort food.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix (you can use the canned gravy too, but I prefer the dry mix)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup sour cream (I use the fat-free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey well in a large frying pan.
- When brown, add the brown gravy mix, water, herbs and pepper Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let slow boil for 15-20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- (the sauce does have to thicken or it will be too watery and thin. You could use less water but this slow boiling keeps the turkey moist and adds the beef flavor to the turkey. If you do use the canned gravy, skip the 2-1/2 cups of water, but do add at least a cup) Add sour cream, mix well and serve.
- You can add mushroom, peas, onions or whatever to this.
- If I add onions and mushrooms, I usually saute them with the turkey.
- Serve over egg noodles, with a big salad and a slice of french bread.