Recipe by NovaLee
Kids will love these! Requires 1 empty ketchup squeeze bottle, and 1 cardboard french fry container(ask politely and you shall receive)
- 1 loaf poundcake
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed or 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off a thin layer of the cakes brown exterior crust.
- Cut pound cake lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices turn slices on their sides and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Trim to 4-5inch in length.
- (if this sounds confusing just remember you are creating french fry shaped strips).
- Arrange strips on cookie sheet and bake 350 for 10 minutes or until browned on top and bottom.
- Turn strips bake 4 more minues or until remaining 2 sides are brown.
- Cool arrange in fry container.
- Place raspberries in a blender and puree (add a few T. water or lemon juice if necessary) add sugar t at a time to taste until tartness is gone place puree in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl force through strainer put puree in squeeze bottle,serve alongside fries.