Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A great veggie altenative to egg salad. This is a basic recipe that can be fidgeted with to suit your tastes.
- 1 lb firm tofu, frozen then thawed
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freeze tofu in its original packaging for 24 hours then thaw.
- Cube or crumble the tofu in medium bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- soy mayonnaise can be substituted for the hellman's for a vegan salad.
If seeking a eggless version please be aware that Hellmann's contains whole eggs and egg yolks