Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A gluten free, dairy free Tuna Casserole. I came up with this because Tuna Casserole is a comfort food for me, but I can no longer eat the gluten-full pasta or make it with the creamed soup that my recipe calls for. I tried many different things using various milk substitutes and no pasta (or gluten free pasta) but this is the best recipe I came up with.
- Open can of tuna, measure peas, and have spices ready to measure - it is important to stir constantly in the beginning to avoid lumps so I like to have everything ready to go.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir as you sprinkle in polenta.
- As you add the rest of the ingredients (except butter sub.), continue stirring.
- After the polenta has thickened and the peas are no longer able to float, you only need to stir it every few minutes.
- Add butter substitute.
- Cook for about 20 minutes so flavors have time to blend.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.